The Review Crew is sharing about winter themed crafts this week! With that in mind, and in honor of the fact that there is a chance of snow this week, a rare event indeed here in Eastern North Carolina, I am excited to share a few snow and winter themed crafts that you can do with your children. Some of these are crafts we have already done and a few are crafts that I want to try this winter. I have tried to include crafts and art projects that work for a variety of ages and interests.
*Some links in this post are affiliate links, see disclosure below for more details*
Winter Themed Crafts
- Bird in Snow Chalk Pastel Lesson (This was one of our favorite chalk pastel lessons!)
- Preschool Winter Lessons (These super simple lessons are fun for a variety of ages.)
- Winter Birch Trees (This painting is lots of fun and turns out beautifully.)
- Clay Polar Bear (This could be good for any ages, though older children will probably achieve a more realistic bear. You could even incorporate a lesson on polar bears. )
Snow Themed Crafts
- Name Snowman (These are a great way for young students to work on spelling their name. We did this with cotton rounds instead of paper.)
- Paper Snowflakes (If you are like us and rarely have snow, these make for a easy way to create your own.)
- Painting Snow (For those that have snow, you can create an outdoor painting in the snow.)
Groundhogs Day Crafts
- Groundhog Pancakes (Technically this is food and not a craft but it is fun to create and then get to eat them.)
- PomPom Groundhog
- Groundhog Day Agamorgraph (This one would be fun for older children.)
Valentine’s Day Crafts
- Homemade Valentine’s (Use whatever materials you have to create cards for important people in your life. We love making cards for grandparents, aunts, friends, and even folks in the nursing home that might be lonely. )
- Valentine’s String Art (The simpler patterns could be great to work on fine motor skills with younger student, and the more complex ones make a great project for older students.)
- Lego Heart Challenge (I know I’m not the only one with Legos in the house. Even my teen son will enjoy this project.)
I hope you get a chance to try some of these fun winter themed craft projects. I would love for you to share your favorite winter themed crafts in the comments. Make sure that you head over to the Review Crew page and check out all of the other winter themed craft ideas. If you’re all crafted out and looking for a little read aloud there’s a chapter in Heroes Next Door that’s winter themed, too.
Resource Library and Affiliate Disclosure
When you sign up for the Schoolin’ Swag free resource library you will get a link and password to the library, we are adding to the library each month with new items. You will also get a bi-weekly newsletter email to keep you up to date on what we have going on.
This post may contain affiliate or referral links, including Amazon affiliate links. As always I will never recommend a product that I don’t believe in and you will never be charged more for purchasing through our links. It does help pay for the costs associated with the blog.
Deals and Freebies
If you have not tried SchoolhouseTeachers.com, you don’t want to miss this sale!
Free Winter Themed Lessons from Evan-Moor.
Fit2B’s Winter Doorbuster sale starts tomorrow (1/29/21)! Great deals on a great fitness program.