I’m excited about our No Foolin’ Preschoolin’ Giveaway on April 1st at Schoolin’ Swag! We have some great companies and publishers already on board. Take a peek (click the live links to browse their sites and check out their donations!):
- Montessori Print Shop-Bundle of Primary Teaching Manuals ($79 value)
- Homegrown Preschooler-A Year of Playing Skillfully (valued at $159.95) and “The Homegrown Preschooler” book (valued at $29.95)
- Usborne Books-Two winners (their choice) from their selection of “Wipe Clean” books and “Peek Inside” books
- Preschool Plan-It-a $25 gift certificate for their site
- Mother Goose Time-one-month curriculum kit
- Learn With Homer-prize not yet determined
- Oak Meadow-Circle Time cd (value $15)
- Starfall-3 Home Memberships (valued at $35 each)
- Little Acorn Learning-a $100 gift certificate
I’m looking forward to adding more to the list! These are great helps, to enhance the time you have to invest in your Pre-K student. Life is full of educational moments, whether it is simply investigating nature or developing gross and fine motor skills through play. SO much happens through play in our little ones. We shouldn’t underestimate its importance! This is not a time to become rigidly academic. This is time for exploration. What feels cold? What smells spicy? Which is big and which is small? What does my name look like? Where does the sun go at night? How many crackers are on this plate? How do plants grow? What color is the sky? How can I say hello to my Spanish speaking friend? Which musical instrument do I like the best? Oh, so much to learn!
Teaching a love for learning is of utmost importance at this age, and fun materials can be great tools to use in accomplishing this! Cultivating a love for reading for preschoolers often happens in mommy’s lap, so we hope to offer some lovely books for your snuggle time, too!
Having preschool materials on hand can be of great help to some parents who may need a little assistance in guiding their children developmentally. Sometimes we don’t know where to start…sometimes we have so many things going on in the home, we don’t know HOW to start! I hope this event is an encouragement to you!